Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Stop Being Fat!!! Eat MORE?

Sorta. I found the wonders of protein shakes. I've been trying to get my body out of "storage" mode for the longest time - it's a result of eating one primary meal, usually at the end of each day.

I'd been skeptical of shakes ever since my Slim-Fast days. Those are good for nutrition, but as satisfying as a glass of NesQuik(Why did they change the name?). I've found a reasonably good-tasting shake, mostly whey and soy protein. Mix it with water in blender, and it gets the consistency of a fast-food "milk"shake. Tastes pretty OK, too.

Here's the best part. Sooooo satisfying. If I get the munchies during the day, make a shake. If I'm still hungry after one of those (one shake fills two 16 oz. tumblers and is FILLING) I'll eat whatever I'm craving. I'm getting muscles. Not like bodybuilding muscles or anything grandiose, but the odd crease and bulge where before there were none. I've had more energy. I'm clearer-headed.

By going for two of these wonderful things a day, I get lotsa vitamins, protein, aminos and good stuff, I don't eat just, and I make sure I keep my metabolism up a bit.

Love it. Picture to come when I gets me a haircut :)

No comments: